Monday, February 1, 2021

To The Universal Notary

I understand it’s ridiculous to be angry at the contract I signed.  I know I have no right.  I raised a large breed dog who experienced large breed dog problems and passed in a large breed dog way. I saw the path ahead, read the entire thing cover to cover, including the ending, and signed.  Still, mercy is a mean card dealt to the one who administers it. We know it’s coming from the start, it’s written right there. But we forget about it for a decade or so until realizing, too late, that the warranty ran out. But them’s the brakes, right?

I fear I stuffed a hole in my heart and might not have been ready. I worry that I haven’t honored their memory and joy they brought before filling their home.  But it wasn’t a home for me without something to worry about. All the time in the world isn’t helpful if there’s nothing to do. I don’t think I can stand my own company, so I enlisted two others who would.  And, I know I just signed short-term lease that is possibly month to month. Maybe I think this will absolve me of the betrayal of the first two by caring for two others. But I don’t like to think about that too much. When I saw their picture I knew they were mine. So I went and got them.  And I hope that’s alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The straw that broke.

"God..." Cathy sighed getting out of her vehicle at the Madison High School. The Village Hall meeting had to be moved to the gymna...