Wednesday, January 2, 2019

"Mac n' Cheetos" a mac n' cheese snack: review



It'd been a bad day. I only needed paper towels. But there I was, answering the frozen snack aisle's siren call with no nutritional value in sight. Staring at my reflection in the wall freezer's glass, I wondered where I had gone wrong.
I grabbed a box of the Mac n' Cheetos and shoved it into the cart next to the booze and ice cream and headed for the check out, looking around me to ensure no one saw my shame. I didn't make eye contact with the cashier. I could see in my peripheral that she smirked knowingly.
Back at the house, I fired up the oven to the instructed 450*. I carefully laid out my frozen purchases. The orange color was not created by Jesus or nature. In 11 short minutes I was staring at 24 "c" shaped forms, some had split their shells and were oozing cheese.
Overall, the outer shell of cheeto dust was crispy and cheeto like. The inner cheese was as expected, much like Kraft mac n' cheese powder you re-liquify with some sort of dairy product, and included whole macaroni noodles. However, the liquid cheese quickly coagulated faster than a rattle snake victim's blood. These treats were not meant to be savored, but rather inhaled to fill a deep internal hole.
If you didn't hate yourself before eating these, you will soon after.
Summary: 3/5 stars, would buy again if they were on sale.

1 comment:

The straw that broke.

"God..." Cathy sighed getting out of her vehicle at the Madison High School. The Village Hall meeting had to be moved to the gymna...